Thursday, August 14, 2008

Delhi roads a commuter's nightmare in rains



When I started writing this blog, I didn't know I will find articles on the topic on the net, well what is the use if 200+ channels in India highlight a problem, and the politicians in the country don't watch or act on it. Are we fools to vote for them? Don't we deserve the basic neccessities of life that are prevalent in the developed countries .(who take these common things for granted"not that common sense is that common in our country.") Basic drainage system, missing in delhi, we build new city(gurgaon) and hey no learning again, we make the same mistake.(I wonder what happens when in a place like gurgaon , which is known as the Corporate Capital (hub), I drive in the morning to the latest constructed 4 lane road that connects me to MG road and then to delhi, and I find a meeting of cows taking place, and before that A dead cow lying on the road (not taken care of) . I wonder if the cows were meeting to discuss the same. Then I move to MG Road and voila ,dont be surprised to see a cluster of mini swimming pools on the roads, and vehicles playing splish-splash with each other and the countless potholes reminding me of Appu Ghar rides that I used to enjoy in childhood. What is happening here...I wonder!! Are we keeping our eyes closed, or are we speaking to deaf ears.

One thing that I have heard from many people.

"Make a line of these politicians who build the road and shoot them"." Then I think, what about the people who elected them? Is it Corruption or is it keeping our eyes closed and participating in the corrupt practices that are happening. Is it that difficult to take care of these small things." It's wake up time, and I hope we wake up before its too late.

More articles on the topic:
www.expressindia.com/latest-news/Delhi-after-the-rains/324575
www.wordpress.com/tag/bad-roads

25th August 2008
Finally,
Thanks to TOI, Citizens are now going to the law and fighting the system.

No comments: